Saturday, July 22, 2006

Mood: Frantic

Did I say a week? I meant to say until I'm good and settled in Spain again.

It turns out that municipal employees all over the country are striking from Wednesdays to Fridays, so most municipal offices are only open two days a week. This makes a really important errand that I've been trying to run (to get a better map of Rabat, ideally digital and vector-based) much harder.

Also, I had been putting off going to the Sbihi library in Salé for, oh, the entire duration of my stay here. I like Salé, don't get me wrong; it's just so easy to try and run the millions of errands that I need to run on the southern side of the river. So I went to Salé the other day, and it turns out that the Sbihi library closed for summer vacation on July 13th. They re-open on September 12th. Oh, well.

Also, I got all sorts of permissions to see documents held byt he Ministry of Islamic Affairs. It turns out that nobody knows where the documents that I'm looking for are, and I'm convinced that they're in an unlabeled cardboard box somewhere ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home