Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Aw, sick!

I got back from Tetouan on Sunday night, and didn't do much on Monday. I tried to get some work done, but that was not to be as I didn't feel so hot. I hadn't felt well on Sunday, either, but I did make it home from Tetouan (an hour on the bus and five and a half more hours on the train) before being violently ill.

As it is, I've managed to eat all of two bananas, some popcorn, and a slice of bread today. Yesterday I ate a sandwich but I'm not counting it because I didn't retain any of its caloric value.

The employee at the Ministry of Culture office where the archives are kept gave me some tea (this is the employee I've been told to ask for tea and photocopies and blueprints and paper clips) and told me that the reason that I was sick was because I didn't wear warm enough clothes (I was wearing a t-shirt; it was maybe 75 degrees out.)

I didn't ride my bike over to the Ministry, but took the bus instead, because I don't think I can handle heavy machinery at this point. Although I need to be ready to, because on Friday starts West Coast Bike Tour 2K6.

2 Comments:

Blogger MORGAN said...

I got this info pyschically, but if you procede with this bike ride in your current state, there is a 70% chance of you crapping your pants.

9:47 PM  
Blogger AV said...

Morgs-

Thanks for the concern. I'm totally better now, I think. I still don't have an appetite but I've been eating for kicks.

I ate dinner yesterday! And couscous today!

We were going to leave today, but I hadn't considered jet lag, and so we decided to leave tomorrow, which was good because it turned out rainy today.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home