Friday, December 09, 2005

Settled in. Sort of.

So, I know that I said that I would rant about Royal Air Maroc for a bit, but I'll leave that for another day. For now, I'll just be happyt hat I've found an internet café that lets me connect my own computer so I don't have to deal with terrible foreign keyboards. Finding the colon is the worst!

I've kind of settled in in Morocco. As in, I don't exactly have a place tolive yet, but I'm staying with friends who have invited me to stay with them indefinitely. Mind you, this isn't exactly something that I want to do, since they're a Moroccan family and maybe I jsut want to go and mope in a corner by myself, but for now it's a lot of fun. They feed me couscous and make fun of me and help me to read stuff in Arabic, and I teach them They Might Be Giants songs and make fun of them back. They've got a comfortable, fairly large house in the Oudaya casbah, which is where I lived when I was here in Morocco the first time (in 2003.)

Um, there's no land line where I'm staying, though, and the decent internet café is on the other side of the medina. There's a terrible internet café in the medina, but it's slow and dirty and has loads of terrible popup windows, and you have to wait forever and a day. The internet café that I used to like when I was here before is still around, and (bonus), they let you hook up your own computer. May I never have to bother with the French keyboard layout again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home