Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Roasted Chestnuts

How did anyone let me go through more than thirty years of my life without tasting one of these things?! These are great! They're not too sweet, not bitter, have a nice somewhat crumbly consistency and, like the also-very-delicous rhubarb, are poisonous when raw.

Also, whoa, I just looked at the web site for my high school (which I hadn't looked at in forever, and hadn't been bothered to look through it when I linked to the last entry, but then I left the window open, so I looked through it now), and apparently they teach an introductory Arabic class. You know there's demand out there for a foreign language if a medium-sized (there were a hundred and forty two people in my graduating class, if I'm not mistaken, but then the school went and went co-ed with the boys' school next door, so, let's say three hundred a class) school that doesn't teach German or Japanese (back when I was there, they taught exclusively Romance languages--Spanish, French, Italian, and Latin, and that's still what they teach) is teaching it as an elective.

2 Comments:

Blogger pvf said...

in france i had a crepe with chestnut filling. it was tasty, but a bit too thick. i couldn't pass up the chance to eat it though, since i figured i would run across nutella in the states. (and i have, i special order it).

3:42 AM  
Blogger pvf said...

ps. it was so thick i sometimes get nauseous just thinking about it.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home