Wednesday, November 23, 2005

El Escorial/Aranjuez/El Escorial/Toledo

Those are places I've gone, and I haven't posted anything. I will. At some point. I'm going to Valencia this weekend, though (it's not just because the Decemberists are playing. I swear.) Then I move to Morocco next week. So time's a little tight, to say the least. And due to the lack of comments about postings, I don't think that anyone's reading anything, anyway. Alas.

In Toledo, I bought some merengues from the nuns who sell merengues. I'm a sucker for food sold by nuns at convents. These nuns were jsut sitting behind counters; I much prefer the stuff that cloistered nuns sell. You have to tell them your order through a grated little window, and then there's some sort of lazy susan/dumbwaiter involved (it's usually a dumbwaitery lazy susan), and the entire transaction goes on with your only having heard a disembodied little old nun's voice.

Also, I spent 5 hours at the Prado on Sunday, in order to answer the question: is it possible to see everything at the Prado in a single day?

The answer: Yes, but only if ten rooms are closed (as they were), and you skip the large temporary exhibition that you've already seen. You (you consisting of me, in this case) will be really tired and cranky afterwards, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blanqui said...

We are reading and loving it! We're just quiet, non-commenting lurkers, that's all. Keep posting...or else.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Zora said...

Yes, we're reading! Or I am. I suppose I just get dumbstruck by the odd Spanish sweets...

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home