Saturday, September 24, 2005

Piso vs. bicycle

So, I wrote the landlady (actually, the landlord's sister, I don't know what the difference in legal classification would be, being as she is the one who signed the rental contract, so as far as I can tell she serves as the landlord's proxy) a note telling her that I would be willing to protect the walls from the bicycle, pay an extra deposit, whathaveyou, and she told me on Saturday morning that there was no way that she would/could talk to her brother about it, and that since I had paid through the end of the month, that I would just have to leave then.

I asked the presidente de la comunidad (the co-op board president) if I could keep a bicycle in the patio, and he said, "why don't you just keep it inside your apartment?"

It looks like I'll have to explore the (what I'm told are extremely tenant-favorable) intricacies of the Tribunales de Madrid. I'm not engaging in any activities that are illegal or industrial, so I'm clear on that count. There's no way I'm leaving this place by the end of this month, first of all, and second of all, as far as I can tell, the tenant is the only one capable of, with no legal reason, getting out of the rental agreement.

I'll keep you all updated.

1 Comments:

Blogger rmkall1 said...

Well, "bicycle" postively mops the floor with "piso" at www.googlefight.com. I consider this a good sign and a victory for you, Adriana, and cyclists everywhere.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home