Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No Tapas For Now

Actually, the bars don´t seem to have run out of food yet, but the supermarket shelves here are empty empty empty. Photodocumentation to follow.

Luckily, we have lots of lentils at home. Unluckily, we don´t seem to have onions or anything else worth eating.

Addendum:
For those of you who have asked, the supermarkets are empty because truck drivers are striking to protest the high cost of diesel fuel (I believe that today is day three of said strike.)

Another strike that's currently happening, and which is predicted to make Spain a country with no fish to eat (both fresh and frozen) in about another five days is a fishing strike (that I believe has been going on for over a week already.) If my knowledge is correct on this, the fishing strike started in France and is also in effect in Portugal. This, as far as I can see, is the BEST thing that could possibly happen: Spain overfishes, and maybe even a couple of weeks of break from being fished will somehow positively affect world fish populations. A few months of Spain not fishing, though, would be much better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam the Librarian said...

Have you thought about a victory garden? Or perhaps, we could send you Powerbars ...

2:08 PM  
Blogger AV said...

Oh, sigh!

I had a perfect little garden going when I left for three weeks for a wedding in California. I just got back on Sunday, and everything (basil, lettuce, scallions) except the geraniums is dead! (My housemate isn´t the keenest of garden-waterers.) So it´s back to square one for me. At least I've got a couple of full buckets of worm compost to start over.

Thanks for the thoughts!

-AV

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home