Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th!

I went to the archive today, and when I was filling out my document request card, I remembered that it was Friday the 13th! And I pointed it out the desk staffer and she said, it's Tuesday the 13th to worry about.

At some point, I think that that Spain quirk had been mentioned to me, but I'd completely forgotten.

Apparently, there's a saying (I'm translating, so it doesn't rhyme anymore): Tuesday and 13th, don't get married, don't board.

Since Tuesday is a pretty low-demand wedding day anyways, and I also think not a peak travel day, it doesn't seem like that big a superstition to have to worry about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alejandro Pérez Ordóñez said...

The Spanish saying, in its long version, is: Trece y martes, ni te cases, ni te embarques..., ni vayas a ninguna parte. :)

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home