Thursday, January 08, 2009

The General Consensus

Is it that 2008 wasn't so great?

Mine was going swimmingly, I guess.

Except for the part/s in which I:
a) didn't get anywhere near finishing my thesis;
b) left Spain, which makes me wistful;
c) got hit by a car and had my commuting bike totaled (although, to be fair, I am physically alright);
d) had my beloved touring bike not show up in time from Spain, and when it did eventually show up in the wrong place (NJ after I had left for CA), had a huge dent in the top tube and the stem ground down. Grrr.

I guess there are some other things, too, but the ones above are the ones that make me particularly grumbly. I guess that they're the concrete ones that I can put a finger on without sinking into general despair. The thesis one's pretty big, though.

I also never managed to get around to getting an aerator from the tool library or mulch for the front yard. I worry that the house where I live is the one with the appearance that sets the blight standard for the neighborhood.

Oh, and there's also the part in which I didn't manage to fall in love/write a novel/have offspring/whatever it is that we're supposed to do so that society thinks we're worth something.

Maybe 2009'll work everything out, though. Especially that thesis part.



Wrought about leaving Spain: my bike and my heart

2 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

adriana,

i just wanted to let you know that i love reading your words here...they bring me back to the time i was lucky enough to spend with you in spain and morroco. even though we don't know each other all too well (hope i am not being a creepo), i just wanted to let you know how much of a free-spirited inspiration you are to me. i find you incredibly talentosa and a rare, authentic gift in this oftentimes ho-hum plastic world.

anywho, that's my bit. keep it real, tia.

~heather

p.s. i may be moving to your side of the nation next year, if i get real lucky...and employed.

8:33 PM  
Blogger heather said...

oops, i meant morocco. i am too used to the double r in marruecos. jope, maybe i do belong back in spain.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home